LG Homestyle Meals Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Sweepstakes entry period begins at 12:00 AM ET on October 21, 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on November 25, 2020 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: The LG Homestyle Meals Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who possess a web-enabled mobile device as of October 20, 2020 and are at least 18 years old as of date of entry (“Entrant”). Persons who at any time during the Sweepstakes Period (or, if winner, as of the date of prize fulfillment) are employees, officers or directors of LG Electronics USA, Inc. ("Sponsor"), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. ("Administrator"), OPUS or any of their respective parents, affiliates or subsidiaries or of any other company involved in the development or execution of the Sweepstakes, and persons who are a member of the immediate family (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) of any such employee, officer or director or who live in the same household (whether or not related) as any such employee, officer or director, are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor's and/or Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a Grand Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of the winners.
- Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor is LG Electronics USA, Inc., 1000 Sylvan Ave, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632. The Administrator is Don Jagoda Associates, 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
- How to Enter: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning.
There are seven (7) ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
FACEBOOK METHOD OF ENTRY:
You may access the Sweepstakes on the LG Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/LGUSA/. LG will post a Call-to Action Post (“Post”) featuring select celebrities. You must post a comment on the Post along with a photo or video (up to 30 seconds) of your original homestyle recipe finished product and name the celebrity featured that you want to win a social gathering with (“Entry”) to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes random drawing. Posting on the Post constitutes your agreement to these Official Rules. If you do not have a Facebook account, and you would like to create one for free, visit www.Facebook.com.
To enter via a celebrity or @lgusa post without a photo or video: Comment on the Program-specific LG post or celebrity post with your favorite homestyle meal and if on an @lgusa post, @ mention the celebrity you want to win a social gathering with to receive one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes random drawing. Only comments posted on Sponsor-selected celebrity accounts will be eligible and if entering on a celebrity post, you will be automatically be entered to win the Video Conference (as described in section 7) with that celebrity. If you do not have a Facebook account, and you would like to create one for free, visit www.Facebook.com.
TWITTER METHOD OF ENTRY: You must tweet on Twitter or reply to a call-to-action tweet with an optional photo(s) or a video (up to 30 seconds) of your original homestyle recipe and the finished product or include your favorite homestyle meal in your caption, including @lgusa, #LGHomestyleSweepstakes @ mention the featured celebrity’s Twitter account or the name of the featured celebrity you want to win a social gathering with (“Tweet” or “Entry”) to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes random drawing. The Tweet must include @lgusa, #LGHomestyleSweepstakes @ mention the featured celebrity’s Twitter account or the name of the featured celebrity you want to win a social gathering with. You must have a public Twitter account. If you do not have a Twitter account, and you would like to create one for free, visit www.Twitter.com. Including #LGHomestyleSweepstakes in a Tweet during the Sweepstakes Period constitutes your agreement to these Official Rules.
INSTAGRAM METHODS OF ENTRY:
1) To enter via your own post: You must post on Instagram a photo(s) or a video (up to 30 seconds) of your original homestyle recipe and the finished product including @lgusa, #LGHomestyleSweepstakes @ mention the featured celebrity’s Twitter account or the name of the featured celebrity you want to win a social gathering with (“Entry”) to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes random drawing. The Instagram post must include @lgusa, #LGHomestyleSweepstakes @ mention the featured celebrity’s Instagram account or the name of the featured celebrity you want to win a social gathering with. You must have a public Instagram account. If you do not have an Instagram account, and you would like to create one for free, download the free Instagram app to your mobile device at either the Apple® App Store or the Google® Play store.
2) To enter via a celebrity or @lgusa post without a photo or video: Comment on the Program-specific LG post or celebrity post with your favorite homestyle meal and if on an @lgusa post, @ mention the celebrity you want to win a social gathering with to receive one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes random drawing. Only comments posted on Sponsor-selected celebrity accounts will be eligible and if entering on a celebrity post, you will be automatically entered to win the Video Conference (as described in section 7) with that celebrity. You must have a public Instagram account. If you do not have an Instagram account, and you would like to create one for free, download the free Instagram app to your mobile device at either the Apple® App Store or the Google® Play store.
TIKTOK METHOD OF ENTRY:
1) To enter via your own post: You must follow LG on TikTok and post on TikTok a video (up to 30 seconds) of your original homestyle recipe and the finished product including @lgusa, #LGHomestyleSweepstakes @ mention the featured celebrity’s TikTok account or the name of the featured celebrity you want to win a social gathering with (“Entry”) to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes random drawing. The TikTok post must include @lgusa, #LGHomestyleSweepstakes @ mention the featured celebrity’s TikTok account or the name of the featured celebrity you want to win a social gathering with. You must have a TikTok account. If you do not have a TikTok account, and you would like to create one for free, download the free TikTok app to your mobile device at either the Apple® App Store or the Google® Play store.
2) To enter via an Influencer or @lgusa post without a photo or video: Comment on the Program-specific LG post or Influencer with your favorite homestyle meal and if on an @lgusa post, @ mention the celebrity you want to win a social gathering with to receive one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes random drawing. Only comments posted on Sponsor-selected Influencer accounts will be eligible. You must have a TikTok account. If you do not have a TikTok account, and you would like to create one for free, download the free TikTok app to your mobile device at either the Apple® App Store or the Google® Play store.
Limit two (2) Entries per Entrant, per social channel. If after submitting an Entry as described above any Entrant makes two (2) or more additional Entries per social channel containing the elements described above, such additional posts will not constitute Entries. Normal time rates, data rates and other fees or charges, if any, charged by the Entrant’s Internet access, phone or mobile service provider will apply. Entrant’s social profiles must be keeping with Sponsor’s image or he/she may be disqualified. Sponsor is not obligated to acknowledge any Entry.
- Entry Requirements, Representations and Warranties:
You acknowledge and agree to the following with respect to the Entry you submit: Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or TikTok. Automated, script, macro or robotic Entries submitted by individuals will be disqualified. By submitting an Entry, each Entrant irrevocably grants to Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, and the successors and assigns and licensees of each of the foregoing the right to use the Entrant’s name, social handle, likeness, voice, persona, biographical information and/or statements attributed to the Entrant and the Entrant’s Entry (including, without limitation, the photo or video that is part of the Entry) and if applicable, footage (“Personality Rights”), in whole or in part, in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed, including without limitation via Sponsor’s and third-party websites and social media and digital channels, for advertising, trade, promotional and commercial purposes and any other purposes, without further notice or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules will be disqualified.
- Entry must be in English and caption (if applicable) must be 50 words or less.
- If anyone other than you is depicted in the photo/video, then prior to posting, you must make them aware that you are submitting their image in this Sweepstakes and obtain their consent for their depiction in the photo/video, the posting of the photo/video on Instagram and the use of the photo/video and their images as permitted pursuant to these Official Rules. If any additional person is a minor is his/her state of primary residence, you must be parent or legal guardian of minor depicted. If photo/video features additional people, they (or you as parent or legal guardian) may be required to sign a release form, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Do not submit a photo/video of anyone who has not given you permission.
- Entry must not contain, include, or encourage images or activities that are dangerous, unsafe, or present unreasonable risk of harm to person or property.
- The Entry, or portion thereof, must not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate content, or be disparaging to Sponsor, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Entry must not, and you represent and warrant that it will not, violate or infringe any third-party copyright, trademark, trade dress, logos, or other proprietary right of any entity or person (living or deceased), including, but not limited to rights of privacy, publicity or portrayal in a false light.
- Entry must not make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names (other than LG), slogans, political, or religious statements, or be otherwise objectionable.
- Video entries must not be longer than 30 seconds and must not include any music/content protected by a copyright.
- Entry must not include any representation or likeness of celebrities (aside from participating celebrities), athletes, musicians, or any other public or private figure (living or dead unless you have express permission), any commercial solicitation or promotional materials or last name, address, phone number, or URL address.
- Entrants and all submitted Entries must be in keeping with the image or message of the Sponsor in its sole discretion, or Entry will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes.
- Entry must be your sole original work and may not have been submitted previously in a Sweepstakes of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends and family) through any means.
- You must own all rights in the Entry and have the right to grant Sponsor a license to use the Entry (including the photo/video and any other material embodied in the Entry).
- Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- The Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor and its Administrator or their products or other people, products or companies.
- Entry must not contain content that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading.
- Random Drawings/Grand Prize Winner Judging: On or about November 30, 2020, five (5) Entries per celebrity will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries received per celebrity throughout the Sweepstakes Period. In the event there are fewer than five (5) eligible Entries received per celebrity, there will be no random drawing for that celebrity and all eligible Entries for that celebrity will proceed to the judging. Drawings will be conducted by the Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the random drawings, if applicable. The odds of being selected in the random drawing to be judged depend on the total number of eligible Entries received per celebrity throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
On or about December 3, 2020, the five (5) Entries selected per celebrity mentioned in the random drawing (or all eligible Entries received per celebrity) will be judged by a panel of Sponsor representatives (“Judges”), based on the following criteria:
- Originality/Creativity – 30%
- Photographic/Video Depiction Exhibiting Homestyle Recipe – 30%
- Perceived Taste – 20%
- Best Expression of Individual's Enthusiasm – 10%
- Marketability – 10%
The five (5) Entries [one (1) per celebrity mentioned] that receives the highest score from the Judges will be deemed potential Grand Prize winners, subject to verification. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged by the Judges based 50% on Originality/Creativity and 50% on Photographic/Video Depiction Exhibiting Homestyle Recipe. Sponsor/Judges’ decisions are final with respect to all matters relating to the judging. By participating, Entrants agree to the decisions of the Judges/Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. No information regarding Entries, random drawings or judging will be disclosed to any third party not involved in the conduct of the Sweepstakes.
- Winner Notification: Potential winners will be notified by direct message or a comment on the post on the applicable social channel ties to the Entry. Potential winner must respond to direct message/comment within twenty-four (24) hours after the direct message/comment is sent. If potential winner does not respond to the direct message/comment within twenty-four (24) hours after the direct message/comment is sent, Sponsor will have the right in its discretion to disqualify the potential winner and determine an alternate potential winner, who will be notified and must respond in accordance with these Official Rules. The potential Grand Prize winners must provide to Sponsor, upon request, his or her email address and such other information as Sponsor may require for verification and prize fulfillment purposes. The potential Grand Prize winners must then sign and return via DocuSign, a Declaration of Compliance, Liability & Publicity Release (where legal) and Assignment of Rights (collectively, “Declaration”). The Declaration must be completed, signed and return the Declaration via a method specified by Sponsor within three (3) days after delivery of the Declaration to the winner. If the potential winner does not return any required document or provide any required information within the time period specified by Sponsor, or if Declaration is returned undeliverable, or in the event that potential winner is ineligible for any reason or has not complied with these Official Rules, Sponsor will have the right to disqualify the potential winner and determine an alternate Grand Prize winner (in which event the procedures and requirements set forth in this Section 6 will apply to the alternate winner). Verification of eligibility may include, without limitation, a background investigation of the potential winners, and Entrants agree to supply any authorizations or permission deemed necessary by Sponsor in connection with any such investigation. Sponsor will have the right, in its discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility in a form acceptable to Sponsor (including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification). Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification. An Entrant is not a winner unless and until Entrant's eligibility has been verified and the Entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
- Five (5) Grand Prizes: Each winner will receive a virtual social gathering via Video Conference with up to three of their friends and one of the Sponsor-selected celebrities. The duration and additional details for each social gathering Video Conference (“Video Conference”) are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. There is no retail value associated with these prizes. In the event Video Conference is unable to take place for any reason, or if the celebrity selected by Sponsor is unavailable, the Grand Prize will not be awarded and no additional compensation will be provided. All details including day/time for scheduling of Video Conference are in Sponsor’s and the celebrity’s sole discretion and must occur on date/time specified or prize will be forfeited. Sponsor/celebrity reserves the right to record the Video Conference and use that footage in any way they see fit relating to this Sweepstakes.
The depiction of the Grand Prize in any advertising or promotional materials may not reflect the actual prize the winner will receive. Neither Sponsor shall have any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death, in connection with the prize provided pursuant to the Sweepstakes and/or any Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes.
- General Conditions: Sponsor has the right, in its discretion, to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, to modify these Official Rules immaterially and to change any of the dates and/or times indicated in these Official Rules, at any time in its discretion, including without limitation in the event of any changes to the terms applicable to the use of any social channel, government shutdowns or in connection with any fraud, technical failure or problem or occurrence that in Sponsor's judgment impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes or prevents the Sweepstakes from being conducted as planned, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of cancellation or early termination of the Sweepstakes, the random drawings (if applicable) will be conducted from all eligible Entries received per celebrity prior to cancelation and Grand Prize winners will be determined in accordance with the procedures set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor's or Administrator's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will determine the validity of each Entry. If Sponsor determines or believes that any Entry is fraudulent, illegitimate or invalid, or that any Entrant has failed to comply with or has violated any provision of these Official Rules, Sponsor will have the right in its discretion to disqualify any affected Entrant and/or to void any suspect or affected Entries. These Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in any way without the prior written consent of Sponsor. In the event of any conflict between these Official Rules and any Sweepstakes information provided elsewhere (including, without limitation, in advertising or marketing materials), these Official Rules shall prevail.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in and/or entering the Sweepstakes, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each Entrant releases and agrees to hold harmless Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, each of their respective contractors and advertising and promotion agencies, and the successors and assigns of each of the foregoing, all other persons and entities involved in the development or operation of the Sweepstakes, all other persons and entities involved in the provision of prize or prize component or the marketing or promotion of the Sweepstakes (including, without limitation, Administrator and OPUS) and the directors, officers, employees, representatives, advisors, agents and contractors of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims and causes of action of any kind that the entrant or other person ever had, now has or might in the future have arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes, the provision, acceptance or use of any prize or prize component, or any use of the Entrant’s Personality Rights (as defined above) as permitted pursuant to these Official Rules, including without limitation any and all claims and causes of action (a) relating to any personal injury, death or property damage or loss sustained by any Entrant or any other person, (b) based upon any allegation of violation of the right of privacy or publicity, misappropriation, defamation, or violation of any other personal or proprietary right, or (c) based upon any allegation of a violation of any law, rule or regulation relating to personal information or data security. Each Entrant agrees not to assert any such claim or cause of action against any of the Released Parties. Each Entrant assumes the risk of, and all liability for, any injury, loss or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or the provision, acceptance or use of prize or prize component. The Released Parties are not responsible for, and will not have any liability in connection with, any typographical, printing, production, distribution or other error and may modify, rescind, cancel or revoke this Sweepstakes based upon any such error without liability and at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Released Parties are not responsible for, and will not have any liability in connection with, late, lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted or incomplete Entries, incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of Entries or Entry information or any other human, mechanical or technical error of any kind relating to the Sweepstakes, any website associated with the Sweepstakes, communications or attempted communications with any Entrant, failures of or delay in any mobile, wireless, Internet or cellular transmission or connection or the submission, collection, storage and/or processing of Entries or the administration of the Sweepstakes.
WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, PANDEMICS, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE GRAND PRIZE, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a federal or state located in New Jersey; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey.
- Official Rules and Grand Prize Winners: For a copy of these Official Rules, visit LGHomestyleSweepstakes.dja.com. For the names of the Grand Prize winners available for ninety (90) days after December 15, 2020, send an email to: Winners@dja.com with WINNERS & 11-2743-01 as the subject line. Winners will be sent after the Grand Prizes have been awarded.
The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or TikTok. You understand that you are providing your information to LG USA, Inc. and not to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or TikTok.